The cold and dark days have finally arrived, and the only time we’re spending outside these days is to stack firewood or gather bundles of leaves from the lawn. Not without its merits, however–winter is a wonderful time to spend time with loved ones, maybe curl up with a good book and a fire, and honestly, who doesn’t love winter squash?
That said, it’s not an easy season for everybody.
Winter months are tough for families who are struggling to put food on the table. Not everyone has access to groceries. In the spirit of the season this year, Watershed Wellness has decided to partner with Oregon Food Bank to bring you our Winter Food Drive for 2018! Help us help hundreds of families in Oregon have a better winter this season by donating non-perishable food.
Also, for our beloved clients, we’ve decided to run a little drawing for those of you who have appointments during the drive & want to participate.
Details can be found summarized below, or by downloading the flyer, or even checking out our social media accounts regularly.
- We’ll be collecting food for the Oregon Food Bank from November 23 to December 29
- Food collection is centered on the Portland WW location, but Astorians, get in touch if you want to be involved!
- A listing of the foods that are most needed, and other information, is located here – please do read it through.
- We will accept food donations from anyone in the community, regardless of whether they are current clients – and if you just want to make a cash donation to help out, you can do so by
following this link. All are welcome!
- Clients with appointments falling during the drive are going to get a special opportunity
- For every 3 items you bring in during your scheduled visit, you get one entry into a drawing to win a WW Coastal Retreat!
- See flyer for details of retreat – and know some surprises are likely to be added as we get closer to the end of the contest
- Bring in as much as you’re able to give! No limit to how many items you can donate!
- Every three items garners you an entry into the contest, so 12 items = four entries…
- There are still some appointments available, so don’t hesitate to jump on the schedule if you’ve been putting it off. Yeah, we know how it goes. 😉
- If you have questions, Amanda Koennecke is your source – reach out to her at any time.
Let’s come together in community to help all of us be better nourished this year.
In good health,
Your Watershed Wellness practitioners