Important note : I am no longer taking new patients in Portland, but am happily accepting new patients in Astoria. I will still accept direct referrals from existing patients and practitioners with whom I have a connection.
That said, I will be transferring my practice full time to Astoria over 2017-2018, so I encourage you to see if one of our other acupuncture practitioners, Rowan Everard or Melinda Wheeler might serve your needs just as well. Know also that Dr. Ann Holland, ND, LAc is also an acupuncturist, weaving those skills with the many other she has.
As a practitioner of Chinese medicine, I have an intense passion to dig deeply into the traditions of Chinese medicine to find effective, truly holistic solutions for common health problems. I let my passion for traditional knowledge guide me in the pursuit of my passion to see people happy, healthy, and thriving.
I also see it as part of my job to discuss with you what’s going on in your life. Truly holistic medicine embraces all features of a person. I’m not a counselor, of course, and I certainly don’t pry where I’m not wanted. However, often during the therapeutic relationship, issues of life, vision, hope, personal organization and occupation come up. I’m there for you as a non-judgmental ear, ready to connect you with resources, brainstorm strategies, or simply listen. While this is a rarely discussed part of Chinese medicine, I believe it is an important one.
I have a particular interest and skill in the kind of chronic internal medicine problems that cause practitioners of all types of medicine to throw up their hands. Digestive problem that just won’t go away? Insomnia with no particular cause? Auto-immune condition with no solid diagnosis? Endless series of colds, flus and allergy attacks that leave you winded and broken? A combination of safe and effective Chinese herbs, acupuncture and strategizing around lifestyle and diet CAN and WILL find you in better place.
I always seek to understand things from as many angles as possible – from the theoretical to the practical. This means I’m always studying, always testing, always working to increase my understanding of the things I’m interested in. Hopefully, some of the “data” below will help to show you how I’ve done that in the real world. If you ever have any questions about me as a practitioner or any of my qualifications and activities, please feel free to call or email.
Education & Training
- B.S. Philosophy – Oregon State University (OSU) in Corvallis, OR
- B.S. Biology (OSU)
- Completed work in M.A. Applied Ethics (OSU)
- M.S. Oriental Medicine, graduated with Honors – National College of Natural Medicine (NCNM) in Portland, OR
- Board certified in Acupuncture from National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
- Licensed by the Oregon Medical Board as LAc
- Chinese herbal medicine discipleship with Heiner Fruehauf
- Canonical Chinese medicine training – Shang Han Lun series – ICEAM
- Clinical observation at Haishan Clinic (Heiner Fruehauf)
- Founder and writer since 2005 at Chinese medicine website, Deepest Health
- Founder and writer at Chinese Medicine Quarterly
- Co-owner of Watershed Community Wellness
- Overseer of online marketing for Chinese herbal company, Classical Pearls
- Adjunct faculty member, teaching Chinese herbs at NCNM
ERIC GREY, LAC CURRENTLY ACCEPTS THE FOLLOWING INSURANCE:
- Oregon Healthcare Coop
- Cigna/Great West
- United Healthcare