Massage empowers the body to transform and heal oneself. It allows for the opportunity to connect the body, mind and heart.
In my sessions I use intuition, knowledge, skill and presence to guide you into a state of balance and ease.
I discovered my passion for healing and bodywork while traveling in India. In India I was introduced to yoga, Ayurveda, reflexology and massage. These experiences led me to pursue an education in Massage Therapy at the Oregon School of Massage here in Portland. I started my massage career working as a reflexologist focusing on supporting clients with their healing of issues such as headaches, migraines, indigestion, arthritis, and plantar fasciitis.
I truly believe in the healing capacity of the human body. I believe that we all have an innate capacity to heal ourselves, and it is my mission to promote awareness and a connection between the mind and body. I am delighted to get to integrate all of my knowledge and expertise to create a session that is not only relaxing, but helps you feel better in your body.
As a client you can expect that I work with precision and ease by:
• Listening and following your body’s signals
• Knowing the anatomy and mechanics of the body to address your specific symptoms and needs
• Releasing stuck areas with strength and confidence
• Prioritizing clear communication and client comfort
• Helping you to discover your own healing potential
• Working in a way that is both effective and relaxing.
- Oregon School of Massage; Shiatsu and Swedish massage focus
- Reflexologist at The Good Feet, Portland Oregon
- Visceral Manipulation with The Barral Institute
- CranioSacral Therapy with The Upledger Institue
EMMA JEWELL COHEN, LMT CURRENTLY ACCEPTS THE FOLLOWING INSURANCE:
- BC/BS Regence
- Motor Vehicle Accidents (with prescription from a primary care provider)
To schedule an appointment with me, please check my availability here./?php // If comments are open or we have at least one comment, load up the comment template //if ( comments_open() || '0' != get_comments_number() ) : // comments_template(); //endif; //?>